Other places on the INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY
A link dump in no particular order, largely for personal reference.
Other People With Websites
- Chandler Abraham - Photos, color science, visualization, data science, etc
- Meena Vempaty — Art stuff, computer stuff, cool stuff
- Richard Thurston – Lasers
- Ronald Kwan — CS, data journalism, Pearl Milk Tea reviews
- Alex Irpan — Math, CS, Mathy CS, board game strategy, etc
- Adam Munich — A guy who makes things.
Miscellaneous websites I enjoy
- The original Sojourner Rover website from 1996-1997 is still up and is one of my favorite things on the internet. Some of the subpages have text and HIGH GRAPHICS VERSIONS. It actually used a lot of commodity hardware, and I was surprised to learn the controls had a VR component.
- The Halting Problem — The Onion, for tech. (Written by Peter Gao.) I can't tell if it's hard to tell these are satire because they're so excellently written, or because Silicon Valley really has lost its mind. Probably both.
- Classic Programmer Paintings
- An internal memo from Silicon Graphics about dealing (or not dealing) with common pitfalls in software engineering projects. It makes me feel simultaneously better and worse that people have been struggling with the same issues since before I was born.
- Sketch Daily is pretty much what it sounds like, and is one of my favorite subreddits. Relatively small but nice community and it's fun to see the range of interpretations for the prompts every day.
- Female Fashion Advice (/r/ffa)